The Trachtenberg Student Organization (TSO) is so excited to host a number of events for new and returning students as we begin the new school year! Please make sure to register by the deadline and/or purchase a ticket to reserve your placement.
For a discount to all of our great events throughout the year, you can purchase a TSO membership, good for the entirety of your time here at Trachtenberg.
- Volunteer Event: Saturday Morning, August 19
- TSO is looking for five volunteers to join Books and Breakfast DC, a monthly event designed to increase childhood literacy, self-esteem, cultural and political awareness in youth. We will be volunteering from 10AM-12PM this Saturday to set up, give out breakfast, and help out with anything else the organization needs. For more information, see the Facebook event. If you have questions, contact Jackii Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall 2017 New Student Welcome Program
- Interested in connecting with a current student at Trachtenberg? It’s always helpful to learn some tips about navigating campus, hear about folks’ favorite classes, or simply link up with another person in the program! Check out this page – and be sure to register before August 26. If you are a returning student and would like to participate (more are always welcome), register here. In addition, our Welcome Program will be hosting a get-together in the fall. Look out for updates!
- Fall Retreat
- TSO is proud to announce that one of our unique programs is our annual Fall Retreat. Each year, we go camping over the weekend, play trivia, eat s’mores by the campfire, and bond with our classmates! To sign up, make sure you register and purchase your ticket to this incredible event (note: if you are willing to drive and carpool some folks, you receive a discount). The deadline to register is August 28.
- Diversity & Inclusion Book Discussion: “Between the World and Me”
- Join the Diversity & Inclusion Committee for a discussion of the book, “Between the World and Me” by Ta-Nehisi Coates Monday, August 21 from 6:30-8pm. We recognize that many students are coming from work, so you’re not obligated to stay the entire time. We’re meeting in the Media and Public Affairs Building, Room 305. There will be dinner! If you’re unable to read the book, there are many great online summaries available. Follow and updates to the event here.
- Professional Development Session: Building a Professional Network
- Hands-on PD training (feel free to bring your laptop). Thursday, Aug 24 from 5-6PM in the Media and Public Affairs Building, Room 601Z. RSVP on Handshake.
- GWU Nationals Game Day
- The Washington Nationals’s College Day for George Washington University is on Tuesday, September 12th at 7:05pm. TSO has organized an exclusive student section in Section 105 with limited seats, which is in the left outfield. Tickets for TSO members are $30 and non-TSO members are $39, and come with a co-branded GW/Nats New Era hat. Purchase your ticket by August 25. For updates, follow the Facebook event page.