Local Sexual Assault Resources
The 24-hour SARC Team at GWU is trained to assist the survivors of sexual assault or rape, and to provide information and resources.
DC Rape Crisis Center:202-333-7273
The DC Rape Crisis Center engages in outreach, advocacy, and direct service to survivors of sexual violence. Their Hotline is open 24 hours every day.
NVRDC provides legal, therapeutic, and other support services to victims of all crimes, with a particular focus on sexual violence.
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN):1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. Their website contains extensive information and resources, and they operate a phone and online (anonymous) hotline, both available 24/7.
Virginia and Maryland
- Alexandria Virginia Sexual Assault Helpline– (703) 683-7273
- Arlington County Virginia Domestic Violence Services– (703) 228-4848
- Montgomery County Maryland Sexual Assault Crisis Line– (240) 777-HELP (4357)
Physical & Sexual Abuse Resources
- House of Ruth– (202) 667-7001 x515
- My Sister’s Place– (202) 529-5991
- Prince George’s County Maryland Domestic Violence Crisis Center– (301) 731-1203
Domestic Violence Shelters Resources
If there are additional resources you want to see here please email: email@example.com